This policy outlines how we handle the privacy of information supplied by you on our website www.alocksmith247.com. The website is owned by Paul Hartburn (trading as ‘A Locksmith 247’).
A Locksmith 247 does not collect personal information about visitors to our website unless you choose to provide that information to us. A Locksmith 247 does not sell, exchange or release your personal information to any other party without your consent. Once we obtain your consent, we consider it valid until revoked by you.
How we collect and store your information
If you visit our website, we automatically gather and store the following information about your visit so that we can track the use of our website in order to make improvements. This information is stored and used in the aggregate only, and is not used to contact you personally.
Customer reviews and/or testimonials will only be used on the website or in other media with the express permission of the customer.
Due to the nature of the industry, personal details, such as a customer name and address will be required to enable A Locksmith 247 to complete any work requested. This information will not be sold, exchanged or released without your consent.
Information stored by A Locksmith 247 is done so purely for the purposes of A Locksmith 247, anyone wishing for personal details to be permanently destroyed can do so by contacting A Locksmith 247 using the details in the ‘Data Protection Rights’ section below.
The IP address from which you access our Website
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, gmail.com, if you are connecting from a Gmail account)
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages, files, documents and links that you visit
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked to this website
If you send us personal information
Our website (alocksmith247.com) will only collect personal information which you knowingly and voluntarily provide by, for example, sending emails or becoming a client.
If you provide us with personal information, we will normally respond to your enquiry or request. We may also contact you to provide information about our products and services that may interest you. We will never share your name or information outside of A Locksmith 247 unless you affirmatively authorise us to do so by opting-in where requested.
When we send you such information by email, you will always have an immediate opportunity to decline further communication. Please use the contact specified in the email (e.g. reply with ‘unsubscribe’) so that we can remove you from the list that contains your name.
There may be services within our Website where you can opt-in to receive information from non-business entities. If you opt-in, you may receive correspondence from these companies on programmes, products or services that might interest you. If you decide to opt-out of receiving any further correspondence from a non-business entity, please correspond directly with that business or company to be removed from their mailing list.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
- (c) We have a legal obligation.
- (d) We have a vital interest.
- (e) We need it to perform a public task.
- (f) We have a legitimate interest.
We take every reasonable precaution necessary to ensure that all information given on the website is secure. Once we have received the data we continue this process.
Any information you provide to us through our website is encrypted in transmission through the use of a SSL certificate. While visiting our website the address bar on your browser may show a padlock. This is a simple way to tell you that the communication between our servers and your browser is securely encrypted.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We do not store customer passwords on our servers.
Social Media Platforms and External Links
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate and/or engage with them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will not ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
A Locksmith 247 uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised that before using such social sharing buttons, that they do so at their own discretion, and should consider that the social media platform may track and save requests to share a web page, through the users’ social media platform account.
Your data protection rights
A Locksmith 247 holds the database of information at: A Locksmith 247, c/o 20 Fairleas, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 4LS or email@example.com
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the contact details above if you wish to make a request.
Use of and Acceptance of these Terms
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is as follows:
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- Wycliffe House
- Water Lane
- SK9 5AF
- Helpline number: 0303 123 1113